Re: [NTLK] Is there official proof that offering the Newton ToolKit and two eMate books for download is legal?

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2008 - 02:40:13 EST

On Jan 10, 2008 11:50 PM, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk@pda-soft.de> wrote:
> Is there any official proof that this would be legal? Or that Apple
> released the NTK as freeware? I just searched Apple's site for Newton
> Toolkit. Guess what: Not a single hit.

I'm almost 100% positive that I downloaded NTK from Apple's (or Newton
Inc.'s) own servers for the sake of Bookmaker (not Newton Press, which
was never free). I recall that Apple did release it to encourage more
development at one point. And I can guarantee that I would never have
downloaded it illegaly. I know that's not official, but...

One place to look, I would guess, would be the Wayback machine, or
Google for news on this.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland