Re: [NTLK] Psion & jornada curiosity

From: Jon Scordia <jscordia_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 16:37:44 EST

Andy, before I actually got myself a Newton, I used a Psion 5mx daily,
and have to say that I love the simplicity of it's interface. I wrote
a few comments about it here as a result of my earlier 'shelf clearing
exercise...

http://web.mac.com/jscordia/Newton_Collection/Psion_5mx.html

I really do feel that EPOC had the ability to refine and really go
places. However Psion pulled out of the market, EPOC became the
Symbian platform, and as the mobile phone market has clamored to cram
more glitz and glamour into their badly designed hardware, Epoc/
Symbian has become more and more crippled.

There used to be a good logical link between the basic 'notes',
'diary' and 'to-do' lists on my Psion that simply does not exist any
more on my SonyEricsson M500i.

For instance give a to-do a priority and a completion date and it
automatically appears in the diary.... Add a note to the to-do
explaining more detail and it can be accessed directly in your day
view in the diary.

Basic simple 'getting things done' on the Psion. And of course what
the Newton still excels at.

I wonder whether the updated iPod touch can manage this simple linkage?

Blatant plug, but the Psion is still up for grabs! I now have a friend
who's offered me a box and manuals for it!

Cheers

Jon.