Re: [NTLK] Semi-Newbie With 2008 Questions

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 22:54:57 EST

Win2K and later versions of windows do not play nice with the Newton
Connection Utilities or Newton Tool Kit. Win98SE was the last Windows
version that seem to be compatible. From my experiments I think it has to do
with the default handshaking protocol. They changed the default I think in
Win2K. And neither NCU or NTK set the port. they just assume it is what they
expect. Of course I could be totally off on my thinking but Win98SE and
older just connect better.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)