Re: [NTLK] suddenly I can't synch my Newton--help!!

From: Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 11:07:59 EST

On Jan 22, 2008 10:54 AM, James Charney <james.charney@yale.edu> wrote:

> But now I can't sync with my Powerbook either. Something has
> changed that i can't figure out. When I open the Dock on the Newton,
> instead of the choice I had before of Appletalk to use with my
> Ethernet card, Appletalk is no longer on the list of "Connect via"
> options. Now all I have are several Serial choices, Ethernet, IrDA
> and TCP/IP--but no Appletalk. I have Appletalk set in Preferences to
> use the Ethernet card, which is a Megahertz 589E.

James,

You might have installed "Dock TCP/IP," which might remove the
Appletalk option from your Dock menu (I can't confirm this, it's just
a hunch). Try freezing that package or removing it and your Appletalk
might return.

There's also another package that does this, right? By Simon Bell?
Internet Dock or something?

--M. Reidsma, Boston, MA, USA