Re: [NTLK] Flash memory for eMate

From: Christopher Sarsfield <servitor_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 17:24:21 EST

Thank you for replying Mr. Hung. I really need more than 4 MB (I am
putting some MP3s on the disk for my children — latin language tracks
to help with their pronunciation). I found another 16 MB card for a
cisco 7000. This one is actually made by intel and is supposed to
work in an emate (part number iMC016FLSP). When I put it in the emate
it tells me the card:
"Writing to this type of card is unsupported. This unformatted card
cannot be used."

I take it that this card is 5 volt reading but 12 volt writing, and
that is why it can not write to it. This card is supposed to be write
3, 5, 12 volt. I take it there is no switch on the card or formatting
that would make it write only in 12 volt that I could fix. Maybe I
will just have to break down and buy a newton that supports 12 volt
writing. I really do not need the emate to write to it (accept to
transfer the files from the computer on to it). I only need the
emates to read the files once they are on. Will all newtons with
version 2 (ie 120, 130) write to a 12 volt card. Thanks for help.

God bless,

Christopher