Re: [NTLK] How do I keep a password protected journal?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 16:13:29 EST

Yes...The Newton is an excelent storage repository for passwords!
  I use GeekSafe to keep all my passwords safe...and since it's on a Newt, you'll never loose any data. You can download Geeksafe from my site directly onto your newt by browsing the URL in my tag below...or you can get it directly here:
  http://www.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=39

  be sure to view the "ReadMe" that is available for that app.

  And to give your Newt even more functionality, be sure to grab the password generator that Steph Maks wrote at my request...
  http://www.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=37

  These two packages will make your Newton indispensible!
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
dotline7 <dotline7@gmail.com> wrote:
  When I think how to protect my data against thieves, how to protect my my
Mini and my Tibook I always face a problem where to store all keywords. Some
people say the Keychain is not good enough.

I wonder if Newton would be a good place to store all passwords. It is an
ODD device. Not so many people know it. For many people it is worthless. It
never losses the data due to power cut. One can encrypt the keywords in
Notes or possible in Names and story it on a card, not internally.

Is it a good idea?
John