Re: [NTLK] No New Newt, epaper witn pen

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 11:07:56 EST

Does a piece of paper has a keyboard? No.

An article I wrote that touches upon this subject:

http://linuxgazette.net/117/raby.html

> PS. Can someone explain to me why we can't give up 100 years old keyboard
> key's setup. We learn in schools that our alphabet is A B C ... Not Q W E
> ... Than we could type even fasster.

Well, for one thing, there are still a few old dinosaurs like me around who
still use actual manual typewriters which have QWERTY keyboards. Speed is
limited by the machine's propensity for type jams. QWERTY was a solution to
that problem. There are, however, other standards. One of the best is the
Dvorak keyboard, and most modern OS's do have the capability to emulate a
Dvorak and other keyboards.