Re: [NTLK] Installing and Removing MessagePad 2x00 Door Clips

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 23:32:22 EST

On 1/29/08, Thomas Brand (T2) <thomasbrand@mac.com> wrote:

> wondering how one actually replaces them? How do I go about installing
> a replacement door clip, and how would I got about removing the single
> door clip I already have installed? I am not the interested in using
> my Newton's door if I only have one clip to secure it with. Thanks

Hi Thomas,

If you remove the four (IIRC) screws that hold the back of the
MP2x00 down you will see this.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/127531585/in/set-72057594105042174/

Here is a close up of the clips and their retainer 'H' clip:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/127524948/in/set-72057594105042174/

Basically the clip is inserted into the back cover on the outside.
Two prongs pass through to the insides.
The 'H' clip in placed (with the sticky side down) so that the two cut outs
are aligned with the two prongs on the inside.
This is suppose to hold the clips in place.
Hope this is a clear explaination on how to install them.

To remove it you remove the back cover of the Newton. Remove the 'H' clip
and then remove the clip itself by pushing them from the inside till they
pop out on the other side.
Hope the pictures help :D

--
God bless,