[NTLK] NCX Questions

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 13:47:54 EDT

Greg Goodwin

ASSOCIATE CONTRACT SPEC

AAFES HQ PZ-PS
From: Kostas Theofilis
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Back (Newton memory card)

Hi Frank,

thanks for your offer!
Send me an email offllist please :-) (I connect to my Newt using dongle
+serial cable+ keyspan+ NCX + MBP so no drivers necessary!)

This brings up a good question. Is it possible to connect the Newton
with NCX with just a serial connection.

I was looking at NCX and I saw two road blocks to me making a
connection. One it required 10.4 (and I had 10.3.9), and it required
various USB dongles and such.

When I was trying to just make a simple connection and LOAD things on my
Newton, NCX did not seem the way to go.

Would like to get a os X solution for the Newton eventually.