Re: [NTLK] Who has eMate Memory Expansions Available Right Now?

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 10:59:19 EDT

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Woody Smith <woodysmith@comcast.net> wrote:

> As I recall he actually designed a replacement card that functioned at
> the same specs as the original.
> I think he may have done a couple of runs.
> For a while there was quite a bit of discussion about a card that
> would increase the internal memory beyond 4mg but sadly nothing came
> of it.
> Then he closed up shop

Thanks for confirming my memory of this.

It looks like Inventor's Emporium
<http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/pages/newton.html> still has good
photos and measurements of the eMate Expansion Module with which one
could develop a new module. I haven't seen anyone on the list
interested in this kind of work in this kind of hardware development
though.

How many eMates without expansion modules could be left out in the wild?

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/