[NTLK] LED back light (was: Which backlight is better?)

From: Doug Parker <ispinn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 13 2008 - 17:08:42 EDT

> I was wondering if a generally brighter backlight will help (LEDs come
> to mind), but I am afraid that this will not help the contrast at all.
> I tried to find different displays, even if that means that I have to
> build a new case, but I could not find a compatible one.
>
> Sigh, when will I get new hardware for my eyes? ;-)

I'm experimenting with replacing the
electroluminescent back light with LEDs.

I'm wondering if the LEDs will be bright
enough to allow the Newt's contrast to
be adjusted to a higher contrast level--
closer to black and white. (Let's see...
if you turn the AC up, does it get hotter
or colder...never mind!)

(BTW, you know you can double-tap the
middle of the contrast slider on the
Extras screen and the OS will ask you
to confirm that the current contrast
setting be set to the new mid-level
setting, right?)

I have no idea about current drain using
LEDs yet, and I won't know more until further
development.

Doug Parker