Re: [NTLK] Re; Problems with transferring files via NCU

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Jul 22 2008 - 11:28:42 EDT

On 7/22/2008 9:47 AM, W. Kim wrote:

>> I also use the Microsoft Virtual PC. And I rarely drop connection. That is
>> why I so strongly recommend it.
>>

> I have tried Microsoft Virtual PC (Win98) and install package function was OK,
> but most of the time of backup, the connection was lost with message "The connection was
> stopped because of a communication error. (-1)"
>
> Any idea what does mean (-1) error or how to solve this issue?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Wanjin

Did you try a instance or two of slow down? I might be you have a
corrupt soup. Also are you doing a full backup or a inrecmental?
Incremental backups are known for having issues. You might try and watch
the backup process and see where it chokes. If it is a particular soup,
you might try a soup fixer/clear on it (SBM, names cleaner etc) and see
if that fixes the problem. Another thing you might try, backing up to a
card then restoring from that card. I have seen where that might fix it
when a NCU backup was having issues.

-Dan