Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth on eMate Cant See

From: Steve <steve_at_craftsathome.net>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 13:09:15 EDT

When in doubt, change eMates. :)

I pulled out my 1mb eMate (my other one is 4mb expanded), installed the
Blunt family of stuff, plugged in the Bluetooth card, changed the settings
to 9600bps and Pico, tapped [test]. I immediately got this:

"Sorry, a problem has occurred. (-48807)"
[x]

So I closed the preferences panel, opened it again, let the speed stay at
230400 and Pico card, tapped [test]. I got this:

"Test successful"
[x]

So I tapped [Discover], and the thermometer bar incremented 3 times and then
the red light came on the Pico card and the eMate is locked up.

I held the reset button in for 30 seconds.

I think it's time to try another brand of card. Or maybe try WiFi instead. I
thought Bluetooth would be light concerning resources and would let me
simply "beam" notes from one eMate to another, but this is turning out to be
far more frustrating than I imagined.