Re: [NTLK] Review: Newton Connection Tools for Windows

From: Michael Schaefer <mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 19:00:07 EDT

Hi Albert,

I'm by no means an expert on this but that sounds more like a driver related issue.

I had a similar issue with XP and a USB-Serial Convertor on my last work laptop. This time I made sure there was a Serial Port on the laptop and it solved it.

I would suggest giving the author a shout and checking with him if he has had any problems with the software and Vista. If he has not had any problems with Vista to date, then I would try doing something like a terminal connection using Hyperterminal and i think it was NT100 on the Newton or another machine with a Serial Port. If that succeeds in connecting and transferring data then I would say the driver is fine and you have found a valid bug. If not, then I would head to the USB Convertors website and see if there are more up to date drivers for Vista.

Regards,

Michael