[NTLK] MP110 Comments and Question

From: Brian Ball <bd.ball_at_live.com>
Date: Wed Jun 11 2008 - 22:16:01 EDT

As I said in another post recently, I've started using a MP110 that I had bought off ebay a few years back. Never really used it though until now. I've heard that the OS 1 handwriting recognition wasn't too good and at first I thought that was true. After using it now for a bit I would have to say I'm quite happy with the recognition. I don't know if I had to get use to the Newton or if the Newton had to get use to me but I'm finding I get very few errors anymore. I also have several Palms and I probably get just as many errors with it's Graffiti as I do with the Newton.
Now for the question. I've read where there is a 2010 bug in the Newtons clock. I've seen there is an OS 2 patch available, but what about the OS 1 units? Is there any fix/patch available for these units? I'm considering buying a MP2100 but really for what I will be using it for the 110 is just fine.