Re: [NTLK] WIFI - Don't Make the Newt Do It

From: THOMAS ZAHM <zimzahm_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 20:48:54 EDT

You might also try some 802.11 precursors or
alternatives.

Proxim made some equipment that max'd out at around 2
Mpbs and for which there were Newton drivers. Plenty
fast enough for the MessagePad. Plus, you'd get
security through obscurity in spades.

There was even an article on the Newted Community
about it. Might even find some of the stuff around if
I dug deep enough.

Yours in Newtondom,
Tom Zahm