Re: [NTLK] Help - emate 300 to NCX with USA-28

From: Ed Miller <cmdrguard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jun 25 2008 - 00:49:58 EDT

You were right, Woody, the cable was the issue. I had no idea the
cable could even go bad but I managed to borrow a friend's old cable
and that did the trick.

A curious thing to note: when I was looking to see if it was the cable
I stuck some probes from a voltmeter onto the end of the cable while
the other end was plugged into the emate. I did see fluctuations in
the voltage when I attempted to sync and saw zero volts when no
syncing attempts were made. Of course, seeing a non-zero voltage
doesn't mean that the cable is working but it does suggest that the
flaw in the cable was not a simple broken wire somewhere inside.

Thanks for the response, Woody.

Ed