Re: [NTLK] OT: Wasted CPU cycles [was: Re: Emate Educational Stuff]

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Mar 01 2008 - 14:24:34 EST

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Andy Beals <andrew.beals@gmail.com> wrote:

> The old guard has been shouted down and outvoted by swarming herds of
> young bucks.
>
> Things are going to get buggier, as they have been, not better.

Wow! "When I was your age" meets the 21st century!

No more "When I was your age, I walked 10 miles to school in 3 ft of
snow--uphill both ways, and I was happy!"

It's now, "When I was your age, we wrote tight code, not because we
had to (and we did), but because we _wanted_ to. And we were happy!"

;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland