Re: [NTLK] Removing and installing a screen door clip.

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 08:48:21 EST

On 3/4/08, Stuart Mingay <stuartmingay@mac.com> wrote:
> I've searched the archives and as I understand it, I have to remove
> the back of the Newton case to (a) remove the clip from my old newton,
> and (b) install it on the new one. I'm really not happy about taking
> the back off a mint 2100. Is there another way? Have I got the wrong
> end of the stick?

Stuart,

Yeah you need to open the back off your Newton.
On the inside there is a clear plastic sticker in the shape of a capital
'H'.
You should first remove that from the inside because that's what is used to
hold in place to prevent it from popping out. Though they seem to not do
their job 100%, but Newtons do get bumped around and dropped so they are not
100% to blame either .

After you install the Rear Clip in it's desired location you will need to
reapply this sticker to the inside of the case.

Picture of Rear Clip and 'H' Retaining Clip as I call them:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/127524947/in/set-72057594105042174/

Picture of the inside of the Rear Case:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/127524950/in/set-72057594105042174/

HTH,