[NTLK] Newton Message Pad 2100 and Accessories for Sale

From: David Sommerville <dsommerville_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 20:20:04 EST

Hi Guys(and Gals),

I've finally decided to post a message after over a year of lurking.

Unfortunately, due to various factors at work, I'm having to get rid
of my trusty Newt and upgrade to something more modern.

I'm going to put it up for for sale on eBay within the next week or
so, I just thought I'd give you lot first dibs, its the least I could
do for all the help I've gleaned from past conversations.

I'm going to throw in all my bits and bobs too.

Details:

Newton Message Pad 2100
-All port covers door & clips intact
-Original stylus
-Scratch free screen, backlight bright & fully operational
-Rechargeable battery intact & still holds a good charge
-I've fitted an extra internal serial port, so you can plug in the
keyboard, computer connection, etc, directly without needing that
awkward interconnect to serial converter.

Accessories included:

Newton 9w power adapter, with British plug clip.
Cailise case (virtually brand new, leather is still stiff)
4mb linear flash card
16mb compact flash card & pcmcia adapter
Newton keyboard (mint condition, I bought this new and have used it
only a handful of times, comes with its own case)
interconnect to 3.5mm stereo jack converter (as seen on http://www.notwen.com/
  )
usb to serial converter (again, as seen on http://www.notwen.com/ )
interconnect to serial cable
battery tray

Im prepared to bite the bullet and cut my losses, I'll sell the lot
for £140 ($280 approx.)+ shipping charges.

I'm open to offers, but please be reasonable.

Hi-resolution pictures are available on request. if anyone is
interested, please don't hesitate to drop me a line at dsommerville@mac.com

Kindest Regards,

Dave