Re: [NTLK] Developing for Newton under OS X?

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 08:32:22 EST

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 5:56 AM, matthiasm <mm@matthiasm.com> wrote:

> Yes, and being able to control the serial port code, we can create a
> ghost port that communicates directly with Einstein.
>
> NewtonScript can be quite interactive. The compiler is part of the
> language and included in NewtonOS. And being able to debug over a
> serial line makes life much easier!

I'm also looking forward to developments like these as I have a couple
minor development ideas I'd like to work on, but never have time to
finish resurrecting my "Mystic" Color Classic.

I believe Eckhart Köppen is working on C & NewtonScript CLI
development tools for Mac OS X as well. C++ seems to be out though.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/