Re: [NTLK] OT: OLPC

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 18:15:33 EDT

I'm still waiting for mine, but I have no expectations as to what it
should look like, how fast it should be or how the interface works.
Remember the 'typical' user was intended to be kids who may never have
touched a pc much less had the opportunity to use one.

I think the emate was aimed at kids who used a pc before but could not
afford to own one. So I think the level of knowledge the emate user
brought to the table is higher than that for the OLPC.

The newton itself is far beyond most adults perceptions of what a
handheld machine is capable of. I to this day, and I've owned my 2000 &
2100 since the days they were released, still discover things it can do
that was never aware of.

william

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.