Re: [NTLK] A few newbie questions.

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 14:19:32 EDT

I can answer some of your D&D questions.

I use a 2100 or an Emate or both when I play. I use Newton Press to make
character sheets into Newton books. I have written two applications for the
Newton for Role playing. I wrote an application called "Tally" for keeping
track of numbers including hit points. I also wrote a dice roller database
form my characters. For each character it holds 4 pages of 10 predefined
dice rolls, IE. 2D6+4 and has a 5th page for just generic dice D2 through
D100. "Tally" I have for download on my website. The Die roller I have not
posted yet because you are the only other gamer I've heard of on the list
here. There is also a die roller from Shane David Hill call DD_Dice that
rolls your basic dice. It is free and available on UNNA. Finally, I use
Ebase, a database application, when I am the DM for holding Defense values
and Initiatives. It is great for Initiatives as it will reorder a list with
just one tap. So you get all the Initiatives of the players and the
NPC/monsters then one tap and the they are ordered for use.

Let me know if you are interested in my Dice roller.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Stephen Gilman wrote:
<snip>
2) I bought my eMate for use during my weekly d20 Dungeons & Dragons
games. Are there any good d20 apps for the Newton/eMate? I'm thinking
about character sheet database programs and ebooks of the 3.5 System
Reference Document.
<snip>