Re: [NTLK] NewtTest 1.1i speed tests

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 09:16:22 EDT

> The last time I downloaded with Einstein, it came with NewtTest
1.1i,
> which seems unavailable anywhere else on the web. If it were
possible
> to install it on an actual Newton, then, at least we could compare
> the results of its speed tests.

NewtTest 1.1i is more or less a quick hack that I wrote for Paul Guyot
to help him with the Einstein project. I haven't released it yet
because
I'd rather NOT release quick hacks. Once it has become decent
software,
it'll be available for everyone.

Until then here are the values from my Newton 2100:

Ticks: 60
Loop iterations: Average 7195 after 30 loops
Flash memory access: Average 120 after 2 loops
Flash memory write: Average 33 after 2 loops
Flash memory delete: Average 40 after 2 loops

Frank