[NTLK] Measurements...

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sat May 03 2008 - 13:42:34 EDT

Hi all,

I planned to stay away from this discussion, but since the most
important reason for non-metric measurement hasn't been mentioned at
all yet...

Half an hour ago I tried to unscrew a metric hex-head M10 screw.
Obviously, this would require a size 15 wrench socket. Unless, as in
my case, the screw's hex-head is is in such a poor condition that a
size 15 socket will gladly turn AROUND it while a size 14 socket is
too small to get it over the head. This is one of the situations that
see Frank happy that he once bought a decent imperial wrench socket
set. You always find a socket that seems to fit exactly on screws like
this...

Frank