[NTLK] Need battery info on socket communications pagecard

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sun May 04 2008 - 19:49:51 EDT

Hi folks,

I can hardly believe it. I just spent three solid hours unsuccessfully
in in
the worldwide web to find info on the battery that was used in
this card, namely

        Duracell DA630, Panasonic PR1662P, or equivalent

I know that this is a 1.4 Volt Zinc Air battery like those used
in hearing aids, but I was unable to find physical dimensions or
at least a cross reference or replacement type. The Duracell
web site is one of those sites that I'd like to shoot the webmaster
for because it does not allow getting at information on a Duracell
battery of which the type is known. The Panasonic site is another site
I'd like to shoot the webmaster for because all four battery links
at the bottom of the page are dead, so I do not even get a chance to
shoot the webmaster for a more specific reason. Amazingly, I found
neither
size nor a replacement type with Google. Boy, this can't be THAT
difficult. Yes, I know that I could measure the space available in
the card's battery compartment, but I'd much rather use a cell with
EXACTLY the dimensions specified, not one that happens to fit...

Has anybody ever used a different battery brand with this card?
Ed, maybe? Or, if someone happens to have such a battery lying
around, could you arm yourself with a caliper gauge and measure
diameter and height?

Thanks a lot

Frank

PS If it is a metal caliper gauge and the battery is still fresh,
isolating the gauge with a thin piece of paper whose thickness is
subtracted from the result might help...