Re: [NTLK] Off Topic - Spam Issue

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Mon May 12 2008 - 11:54:45 EDT

On May 12, 2008, at 2:56 AM, Xenon Soft - Salva Perugorrķa wrote:
> Hello to all:
>
> Sorry for the spam issue and the 2 fu**ing spam messages you
> received from my account. It's the first time it happens and now my
> Windows XP computer has been cleaned and all the malware has been
> deleted.
>
> I arrived yesterday from a 3 day travel, and I felt very bad when I
> discovered that Friday evening 2 messages were send automatically
> from my account without being at home and without my permission.
>
> My computer having firewall and anti-virus software got infected
> and those 2 messages where sent from my account.
>
> But well, now hope all my messages will be only only olny sent by
> my own and sure, **only about Newton Messagepad** issues.

You should consider changing all of your important passwords. If
your windows box was compromised the possibility of the malware
recording/grabbing passwords and forwarding to the evil doers is
quite real...

Just a thought,
Marty

PS If you know the name of the malwares name you can investigate it
and be sure...