Re: [NTLK] Connection troubles

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu May 15 2008 - 17:53:25 EDT

If you are using that base station to connect to the internet with
your Newton then it is recognizing your card. It should not matter
whether the Pismo is connected via wifi or wired as long as both are
using the same router.

OS 9 can be a bit quirky about where it assigns its appletalk port.
It usually assumes that you are using the printer port, so check the
control panels TCP/IP and Apple Talk to make sure they are assigned to
the port you are using.

If you installed the NCX Bonjour/ethernet/internet extension on your
Newton you will need to freeze it.
With NCU running on the Pismo and with its preferences set to look for
appletalk, launch dock on the Newt, choose appletalk, tap the Connect
to option and choose "other Computer". Now wait while it looks for a
computer running NCU on the network. If it finds one then select it
and continue with the connection.

This should also work in classic though you will use the classic
application to choose appletalk.

good luck

Woody