Re: [NTLK] macs remembering printer settings

From: John Coady <jcoady_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 13:38:25 EDT

>your mac must be subject to operator error,
There's nothing wrong with my Mac (or with the operator, I hope). My
Mac is doing everything exactly as it has been told to do. Which is
to say, IMO, that it still has a lot to learn.

The kind of thing I'm talking about was summed up beautifully by Joel:

Another one: I always use a particular printer with a particular
document, so why present me with a different printer or one that is
not even connected?

Why can't a computer just remember that I always use a particular
printer with a particular document?