Re: [NTLK] Newton Script Tutorial Chapter 1 and 2 are online - Help!

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Tue May 27 2008 - 10:49:51 EDT

On 27.05.2008, at 14:48, Rod wrote:
> Hi Matthias (and everyone else)!
>
> Having a little trouble getting the Inspector to connect. I am using
> a standard Keyspan to connect the 2100 up to an iBook running
> 10.4.11. I can get Simon's NCU to connect perfectly fine. I have
> tried every combination of "KeySerial1" in the toolkit preferences,
> but having no luck getting Toolkit on the Newton to connect.

Hi Rod,

you are not the only one who can't get Inspector up and running. Since
it works on my machine, I have a hard time figuring out what it could
be (but I have a pretty good guess).

The next release (1.7.1) will have a box where you can fiddle with
some of the serial port settings. If that solves the problem for
everyone, I will preset the serial device and keep the dialog for some
fine tuning.

Matthias

PS: 1.7.1 should be ready by the weekend including the next tutorial,
the obligatory "Hello World."

----
http://robowerk.com/