Re: [NTLK] emate printer

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat May 31 2008 - 01:54:54 EDT

Hi Laura
The eMate does come with drivers for a number of printers that would
connect via the serial port and I believe a couple of HP printers via
the IR port.
See the FAQ
<http://www.splorp.com/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB8>
for some discussion of this and the use of the PrintPack that shows up
sometimes on ebay or on this list which extends the list to include
some parallel printers.
If you don't already have a printer that you want to connect to then
it is probably easiest to buy either a used Apple stylewriter II or an
HP Deskwriter or either an apple or HP Postscript laser printer

With most new printers I think you are out of luck unless you can
print through another computer. With a Macintosh you can use Paul
Guyot and Eckhart Koppen's LPR driver with an ethernet enabled Newton
to print to an USB printer connected to the Mac.
<http://www.kallisys.com/newton/lpr/>

Explain a bit more about what you have and what you want to do and I
am sure someone will have some recommendations.

Woody