Re: [NTLK] Where to find Apple part numbers for the MP 2100???

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 10:54:54 EST

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:23 AM, <info@punkt-x.de> wrote:
> unfortunately the number you found, the H0244Z/A , is - according to
> a link (to an Apple page) the number of the whole unit = the
> messagepad in total.

Yes all these part numbers were for a MP2100 Package as they sold various
versions which included various items and also as mentioned the alternate
NOS (DE) Language

> The link to the FAQ I also proofed earlier today. It only lists an
> LCD-number of the eMate.

From what I do know and have read the Newton really was not a serviceable
UNIT as a whole. The service technicians basically check the unit out when
received and when a unit had a damaged screen they would send back a
refurbished unit. I've not ever seen any internal documentation from one of
their Service Providers with their internal part number - Though I did see
that auction for the LCD for the MP2000 which was described as a 7" LCD
(Diagonal measurement) IIRC - It's too bad I did not keep a copy of that
auction nor could I afford purchase of said auction back then either.

Since you have a .de internet address I would suggest contacting Frank if he
has one available of what you are looking. I might have one but shipping
would be prohibitive hidden away in a box wrapped in zip lock bag forgotten
in a corner hehehe ;P

Or as suggested there are other internet options you can investigate...
Much success to you in what you are looking to do.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung