Re: [NTLK] Who says there's no Mac tablet?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 05:27:49 EST

Nice toy, but unfortunately, Mac Tablet does not equal Newton. The Newton as a platform I believe will never be revived by Apple...While parts of the Newton will make it's way into other Mac platforms, the Newton Intelligence that makes the Newton what a Newton is, will most likely never be repeated by Apple, and since they still hold the patents/licenses for this technology and *refuse* to allow others more willing to go that route, it is doubtful that anything will be manufactured using Newton Intelligence....and that makes me sad.
Ed
web/gadget guru
By Richard Feynman, Physicist, Nobel winner (1918-1988)

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."