Re: [NTLK] mail v question

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 12:37:00 EST

On Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 6:08 am Oliver Leaman wrote:

> I have a question about Mail V,
> can you send a document as an
> attachment? The literature suggests
> you can but I wonder how it is done,
> since when I send a message it goes
> in the document sent, without any
> formatting.
>
> Oliver

The attachments Mail V sends are meant for the Newton only. You can send a document as an attachment, but only a Newton will be able to read it and do something with it. (Put Away)

To send a document as an attachment, you just need to un-check the "Text Only" option when you address the message. The document is then sent with a ".nwt" extension. You can download the message on another Newton, or even the same Newton, and it will arrive intact.

There is another way to send standard Notes as GIFs. See this archived message:

<http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=121535580715015&w=2>

Another option becomes available when you Mail a note. "Format" as "Default" or "Image (GIF)"

Best Regards,

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM