Re: [NTLK] Light Options for the eMate

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 05:06:08 EST

Hello,

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, John Broughton <jdbroughton@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How about one of those laptop table/bed things with an
> attached LED reading light? How about a LED reading light
> clipped to the top of the clamshell? My wife has one of the
> computer bed tables with a LED light and she seems to like
> it with her MacBook.

Alternately, you also may want to check out the LED headlamps in the left-hand column of this page:

http://tinyurl.com/5o5j6g

You can usually find those specific headlamps in either Target or Wal-Mart between $10 and $12 or so. There are many other manufacturers of LED headlamps, but I mention the Energizer ones because they are fairly cheap and commonly available.

A headlamp has the advantage of bringing light to wherever your head happens to be turned (e.g. if you're transcribing something from a book and the circle of light provided by a clip-on LED isn't big enough to cover both your keyboard and the book).

Of course, it's also only fair to mention that an LED headlamp brings the *dis*advantage of you looking like a Total Geek should you decide to don one. For those of us who forwent any pride or sense of dignity long ago, however, this does not pose a problem.

Best,

James Fraser