Re: [NTLK] Blue iMac

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Nov 22 2008 - 11:36:43 EST

OS 9 will allow you to copy it.
An external firewire drive would be my choice as it will also serve as
startup drive if needed. USB on these early models was slow and did
not support being a startup drive.
The System folder will contain the system and finder as well as most
resources as well as preferences for applications. A few such as
Mozilla keep their prefs. in their own folder.
Most applications will be either stand alone or have themselves and
their needed resources in a folder by the same name
Registrations for protected software is in the system folder.
I would simply copy the contents to an external drive by opening the
HD and dragging each item/icon to the new drive.

Woody