Re: [NTLK] GPS CF Newton-Compatible Flash Cards

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 18:33:24 EDT

I use a Garmin Fore Trex 101. It has a serial interface. Someone on the list
here recently said you have to have a serial GPS if you are going to use
GPSMapping Lite, which I use. As a matter of fact I will shortly be making
yet another tutorial on making maps for GPSMap using among other things,
Google Earth. I used my 2100 and Garmin to navigate the wilds of Cleveland
Ohio a couple of weeks ago and that completes my field tests. So now I need
to make my tutorial on making maps for city streets and cross country.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Tony Kan wrote:
<snip>
I've been looking into using the Newton as a GPS device. Websites on the
matter
say that you need a PCMCIA or CF GPS receiver that is NMEA compatible. Is
that
all? Sounds too easy. Has anyone tried the SD GPS receivers with a
converter
to PCMCIA?
<snip>