Re: [NTLK] Apple "Knowledge Navigator" video acknowledged

From: Carlos Pessoa Filho <carlos.pf_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 18:42:00 EDT

This sounds like a promising concept!

However, if it were possible to ressurect the Newton Technology today,
would it make sense as compared to the cutting edge technology out
there, such as the siri?

I am not a hacker so I might be saying some non sense stuff here...
But would it be posible to reverse engineer the newton OS and turn it
into the best true PDA open source technology out there and make it
compatible with several *NIX devices? Would it make sense? Would it be
able to incorporate new tecnologies natively such as PDF reading,
https support, modern web browser etc etc?

Is that feasible? I know the Einstein is a damn good attempt to do
this, but apparently one need to have a real newton so it can use its
ROM or bios ( not sure about this) to have it working in other platform.

I am just wondering and getting entrepreneurial as I am visiting the
silicon valley right now! :)

Best,
Carlos

Sent from my iPhone