Re: [NTLK] 2100 power supply

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Oct 25 2008 - 20:10:03 EDT

Whether or not you charger is safe depends on whether it is regulated.

Your charge pattern does not seem particularly different from mine and
I uses a Newton 9 W adapter with a re-celled pack 2500 mAh cells.
NiMH cells are rated at 1.2 volts so I would expect that four in
series would be 4.8 but I usually get a reading of something over 5
with a meter and about 5.6 with Avi's backdrop.
Why do you think it isn't a full charge?
If you aren't getting the life you expect it may take a few charge
cycles to get maximum life or you may have a problem with your
soldering. A weak solder joint can introduce resistance and lead to
shorter life, as can an overheated battery.
But your readings are consistent with a good pack.

Woody