[NTLK] Fwd [LEM List]: FS: Newton 2100, power adapter, serial dongle, flash memory cards

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 19:14:50 EDT

Don't reply to me:
Begin forwarded message:

From: pitz <pitz.wong@gmail.com>
Date: Fri., 31. Oct., `08 18:50:14 ET
To: LEM Swap <lemswap@googlegroups.com>
Subject: FS: Newton 2100, power adapter, serial dongle, flash memory
cards

Relive your Newton days. The Newton 2100 is the last of the Newton
series from Apple (not counting the eMate). From what I remember
reading about it, it was the only one released by the brief Apple spin-
off company "Newton, Inc." Accessories included are:
- Power adapter
- Additional NiMH battery
- Serial adapter dongle
- 4MB Generic Flash memory card
- 8MB Generic Flash memory card

Notes about this unit I'm selling: I've lost the original pen that
comes with it. The Newton touch-screen is a passive touch-screen and
any pen can be used (maybe even a toothpick) -- I'll include a tiny
plastic pen from an old PDA.

The original NiMH battery doesn't seem to charge anymore. I bought a
"new" Newton NiMH battery (I still have the box) and I'll include it
with the package. However, due to the vintage nature of these
batteries, I can't guarantee how they work and how long a charge they
would take. I did test the Newton 2100 with the power adapter.

The Newton 2100 cover is intact. The serial dongle can be used along
with a standard serial cable to connect to a PC or Mac serial port.
The flash memory cards provide plenty of storage space (IIRC, Apple-
branded Flash memory cards for the Newton only had a maximum 4MB
capacity).

http://picasaweb.google.com/simplepractices/FSNewton#5195225641295998834
http://picasaweb.google.com/simplepractices/FSNewton#5195225641295998850
http://picasaweb.google.com/simplepractices/FSNewton#5195225641295998866
http://picasaweb.google.com/simplepractices/FSNewton#5263402963169444626
http://picasaweb.google.com/simplepractices/FSNewton#5263402968360636354
http://picasaweb.google.com/simplepractices/FSNewton#5263402972561328674

Selling for $100 shipped CONUS.

Peter Wong
Hillsboro, OR 97124

LEM-Swap is for buying & selling Mac stuff. It is not a discussion
list. Reply to the person who made the original posting, never to the
list.
Software piracy is illegal and not allowed on LEM-Swap. Except for
software originally provided with computers, no software is to be left
on hard drives (other than freeware) unless the original installer and
password are included.
Shipments valued at US$100 or more should be insured, and shipments
valued at US$25 or more should be shipped so they can be tracked.
See the list FAQ - http://lowendmac.com/lists/swap.html - for
guidelines on postings, feedback, and dispute resolution. Seller
feedback at http://groups.google.com/group/swap-feedback