Re: [NTLK] Knowledgenavigator

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Sep 07 2008 - 12:01:01 EDT

In my case there are two reasons why I have never gotten the speed
enhancement.

1. My Newton is fast enough. The same as I now drive a minivan and no longer
own or ride muscle bikes. My 2000U does what I want, in the speed that I
want.

2. I find that as I get older, I can no longer do some of the minute
fabrication I used to. My eyes are not as good, nor are my hands as steady.
So I would have to send it away to have it enhanced.

So the question for me is, do I want to send my Newton away for weeks and
spend the money for an enhancement I don't really feel a need for? The
answer, no I don't. Others may feel differently and that is fine. There are
still people buying those fast bikes. I admire them as they pass me on the
road. But I am not going to buy one or a speed boost for my Newton.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

James Wages wrote:
<snip>
Be that as it may, if indeed you really do get a noticeable speed boost
without any sacrifices (e.g., a simple flip of a switch turns off the
booster gets serial functions back), why doesn't every single sensible
Newton user have one of these? Or are there other tradeoffs that were not
mentioned about this accelerator in your recent dialog?
<snip>