Re: [NTLK] Jaggies Fix (Any updates on this?)

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 07 2008 - 16:37:57 EDT

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 7:31 AM, Andy Taylor <andy_otter@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> ,,,unfortunately, unlike Sonny, I haven't understood it yet (but then
> I get scared when faced with delicate electronics anyway).

Hey Andy,

In laymen terms as I word it - The main crux of this is that the contacts
between the Main Logic Board and the Touch Screen Ribbon Cable might have
some contact issues due to oxidation build up.
Conductivity between he two if not at specs would possibly lead to the
inaccurate positioning on the LCD versus the actual location touched by the
stylus. I'm gonna buy the deoxit and see if I can find a jaggies plagued
Newton to test on.

> I wonder if Frank Gruendel would be interested in an improved English
> translation?

We'l leave this to Frank or anyone else who is technically knowledgeable to
properly translate and relay the technique. ;-P

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung