Re: [NTLK] Interesting Screen Anomaly on 2100, Anyone...

From: Bob Carls Dudney <kosmicdollop_at_saber.net>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2008 - 13:29:38 EDT

In case not familiar: first time I received one of my Newton's it had
a screen protector that was so well-installed it was very hard to
notice, but there were some tiny bits of grit underneath that created
air bubbles between Newt and it. I thought it was a defect until the
seller told me about the screen protector.

Hope that's your issue, too, as it's much simpler to remedy.

Hard protector type slides under edges of case so one can't see the
edges. "Soft" type is slightly sticky to adhere to screen.

Former can be detected by trying to slide it around with finger, or
push to one side to force it to bend upward off screen. (Suggest
powering off first.)

Also, to my knowledge, the pen detection layers are just two sheets
of mylar atop the LCD glass. -- Or maybe just one sheet with the
other wire grid fused onto the glass.

Good luck!

B C D