Re: [NTLK] Interesting Screen Anomaly on 2100, Anyone...

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2008 - 20:14:32 EDT

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>wrote:
> Sonny, or anyone else, can I buy a screen replacement from you?
> Another question, if I replace the LCD, do I have to replace the
> backlight? My backlight is strong and bright, so it does not need to
> be replaced.

Ryan, the answer is maybe ;-P
I'd have to find my disassembled Newton which I use to test them out with
first.
Would have to make sure it tracks correctly first.
I'd suggest if anyone else has one to get it from them first as free time is
lacking on this end and I'm slow.
If that is not a problem then by all means I'll assist you.

No, there is no need to replace the a back light when doing this because the
Backlight sits in the frame of the LCD and you are only removing the TS
Touch Screen which sits on top of a metal cap of teh LCD portion.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung