Re: [NTLK] GPS on 2000 or 2100?

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2008 - 22:23:48 EDT

I use a 2000 upgraded to 2100. But, the only other person I know of that
actually uses GPSMap, is using an MP120. So either 2000 or 2100 will be more
than adequate. I use a Garmin ForeTrex 101. For a cable, I use bits and
pieces of old cables I had laying around. But once I figure out how I want
to carry this setup, I will be making a custom cable. At that time I will
post pin outs for the Garmin ForeTrex line.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

SteveCraft wrote:
<snip>
Does it make more sense to do a GPS solution with a 2100 (because it has
more Heap) or a 2000 (because a 2100 is overkill for GPS)? Assume the
MessagePad is basically just doing GPS and Notes, no NewtWorks or a lot of
other Extras.
<snip>
(*) Bonus - what GPS device and serial connector are you using these days?
<snip>