Re: [NTLK] Question about notes management

From: Don Zahniser <dzahniser_at_rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 12:34:20 EDT

On Sep 19, 2008, at 8:02 AM, Richard Lawson wrote:

> I need help from the list figuring out what app may be best to handle
> this scenario.
>
> 1. I have multiple to-do lists
>
> 2. I would like to check off a subset of these lists and combine them
> into one big list and print that out.
>
> For example,
>
> Say I have lists for
>
> * set up tables
> * set up refreshment stand
> * Lay out awards table
> * stage prep
>
> And I want to select 1,2 & 3 and have the combination of those lists
> printed. These are short lists so I would rather *not* have each list
> printed on it's own page.

Standalone's 'Route to Works' may be sufficient for your needs. I
just tested it with a couple of checklists. Here's a procedure:

1) Open a checklist in Notes

2) From the routing menu, choose 'To Works'. This opens a slip that
allows you (among other things) to choose the font of the document
being created, and (in this case) to create a new document in Works.

3) Tap on 'Export'

4) Open the second checklist in Notes. Repeat steps 2 & 3, except
instead of creating a new document, choose the option to append to an
existing document, and choose the document you just created (default
name is 'Notepad Export'.

5) Repeat step 4 for each checklist.

6) Open the Works document, make any final tweaks, and print.

Note: When checklists are exported to Works, checked items are
preceded by a '+', and unchecked items are preceded by a '-'.

You can download a trial version of 'Route to Works' here:

<http://standalone.com/newtonos/>

--
Don Zahniser