Re: [NTLK] GPS Pharos iGPS-CF works with TeleTypeGPS

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 01:02:01 EDT

I wrote an Email a while back about how to make maps for GPS Map Lite. I
used that with a Garmin ForeTrex 101 and a serial cable. It worked great. I
even created a utility to help with the number formatting. It is available
on my web site. If you have problems finding the Email in the archives, let
me know and I'll see if I can locate it on my end.

And before you ask, yes Ryan I'll try and get something written up on how I
made maps. The wiki has several tutorials But I found them a bit confusing.
My method will work with Google maps, Map Point, Google Earth or Virtual
Earth. Google Earth and Virtual Earth can also give you aerial views which I
find more useful than topographical maps, especially for things like
GeoCaching.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt@Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

SteveCraft wrote:
<snip>
I just want to (re)post that I had success with Teletype (and the
zTeleTypeHack) on a 2100 as well, using a CompactFlash GPS receiver from
GlobalSat SiRF Star III (with a PCMCIA adapter). I used it in the bottom
slot of the 2100. I never did get any good maps loaded in my area
(Philadelphia PA) but got it to display my lat/lon/elv as I moved around.

Hopefully I'll try it out in an eMate and also in the 2100 later in the
spring with some real maps...
<snip>