[NTLK] Loading NTK on an iMac: Mac Newbie questions

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri Apr 03 2009 - 21:48:46 EDT

Hi Folks
I have recently been given a blue iMac with OS9 on it. Completely new to the
Mac OS environment and keen to start making some Maps with Adam Tows Mapper
software. But the readme says it will only work with NTK for the Mac. my
questions are how do you get files onto it? Before launching forth and busting
things:

  1.. Will it work with a USB 3.5" Disk Drive (it originally came with a IBM
Thinkpad and works fine on Wintel machines)? Or does one need a special 3.5"
drive. But I have some NCU disks in 3.5" format.
  2.. Will it read/write to a standard USB flash drive? Do I have to reformat
it to a native Mac OS format before it will work?
Thanks in advance

Cheers

Tony