Re: [NTLK] 2010 Fix Alpha Testers Needed

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 03:50:40 EDT

On 4/6/09 4:15 PM, Eckhart <lists@40hz.org> wrote:
> It can still exhibit the same or similar
> symptoms like the original 2010 problem,
> and more specifically might require a
> brain wipe to get the Newton back to normal.

Despite what some have said on this list stating success, I've been so
afraid to even touch the original 2010 patch. And your comments today have
me even more concerned.

So if I want to get rid of the old patch on my 2100, it's not simply a
matter of freezing that package? In other words, if I freeze the original
patch, my Newton may not boot and I will need to do a brain wipe? Or are
you saying that would likely only be required on your new alpha patch?

I really want to get the current patch off, if it's easy and safe to do that
now.

Thanks,

James Wages