Re: [NTLK] Wacom Tablet (Bamboo)... Again

From: Joel M. Sciamma <joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk>
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 10:35:58 EDT

Ryan,

I have been using Rosetta with my Wacom Intuos 3 since I moved to my
current PowerBook G4 and Mac OS X in 2005 and while it can be useful
to have so as not the break the flow of sketching, it does illustrate
the difference between a platform that is designed for pen input and
one that is not. I agree that with a tablet this would change quite a
lot - I look forward to the opportunity of trying one from Apple!
Still, I appreciate the fact that HWR is there when I want it and
that it uses very modest resources in doing it.

Have you seen an application named Inkbook which allows you take
searchable HWR notes?
<http://www.magesw.com/inkbook/>

I started using graphics tablets a long time ago when I bought an A4
Kurta tablet for use with my Quadra 66AV and I'm completely hooked on
them. I like them so much better than mice or trackballs and
alternating with the PowerBook trackpad is a perfect combination for me.

Joel.